Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Prioritizing


For the past few weeks, I feel like I've been living to-do list to to-do list. I jump from one item to the next like stepping stones, rejecting any activity that unexpectedly arises in between.

However, I'm learning that planning is futile, because I am not in control. I'm learning to rely on my Father to lead me through the day, putting Him first and others second before myself. This can be tough, especially in the busyness of life, but I'm growing to understand what it means to live a life fully surrendered to God. As important as college may seem, it is not NEARLY as important as my relationship with God or the people I love. School can easily become an idol, and I know I have to be on guard against that happening.

I'm so thankful He is here to help me, because I am just a weak little human. Good thing I've got the King of the Universe on my side!


No comments:

Post a Comment