Friday, May 31, 2013

5 Reasons Why Baby Dogs Beat Boyfriends

My heart is restless. I'm distractible (more than usual). I can't sleep. I can't eat. The apartment is too quiet. The couch is too big. Something's just not right here. 

Now that I am doing things like making budgets, cooking, and paying rent, the sweet aroma of independence is tinged with a desire for companionship. Coming home to an empty apartment is a bummer, and I want someone I can count on to be there for me after a long day at work. 

Cupid has struck once again.

I'm in puppy love. 

Sure, some may say the solution to my problems is a commitment to a tall-dark-and-handsome who promises to buy me dinner and send me artfully worded text messages that make me go mush, but I beg to differ for a few key reasons.

5. Puppies double as vacuum cleaners. As a regular rider of the struggle bus, I drop food on the floor every day. I would only have a 10% chance of getting a guy to lick the pasta sauce off the floor in a heated game of "1 to 10," but my puppy would happily clean up the mess, no strings attached.

4. Puppy owners have rockstar status. In your puppy's eyes, you are someone worth celebrating, every time you walk in the door. No matter the fact you just got done running and look like a wet tomato, in the eyes of the puppy, you are Beyonce. 

3. Puppies love all your girly TV shows and movies. All that matters is that you share the couch.

2. Puppies eat twice a day. Sorry guys, but your 17 meals a day is tough to keep up with sometimes.

1. Puppies are just so darn cute. Don't get me wrong, my ex-boyfriend Ryan Gosling is a tough face to beat, but, I mean come on....


Ding ding ding! Baby dogs win this round, ladies and gents.

No comments:

Post a Comment