Monday, September 17, 2012

The moon and the stars declare who You are


Last night at this time I was driving through the Indiana countryside, on my way back from a solid 28 hours spent at home with my family. The night was crisp and clear, my headlights slicing the darkness as I drove. I happened to look out the window as the empty fields sped by, and felt my heart flutter inside my chest.

A full array of stars met my eyes.

I wanted to pull over so I could jump out of the car just for a second to marvel at this astounding piece of creation, but an opportunity never presented itself. So I was left to catch fleeting glimpses of one of aspect of God's handiwork that always steals the air from my lungs.

I've never seen God right in front of my face. But when I look at the sky in all of it's brilliance, whether at night, sunrise, or sunset, I get a glimpse of Him, because He made it!

I am amazed that this holy, almighty, powerful God, the Creator of the Universe, the same God who was with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, loves me and wants to be my friend.

What a truly incredible God that is.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment