Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Forever Young


School starting has stirred a certain nostalgia in me, thinking about autumn days gone by and the thrill of youth. I think most of us can agree that the elementary school years were glorious. Most days my only homework was studying spelling words, and my biggest worry was tracking playground dust in the house. Ah to be a kid again. 



Things I Miss About Being a Kid

1.  Tire Swings. A playground sport. 
2.  McDonald's Happy Meals. Pure joy in a convenient, oddly shaped cardboard box.
3.  FadsBeanie Babies, Tamagotchis, Pokemon cards, yo-yos, gel pens, and ANYTHING that came from the vending machines at Skateworld.
4.  Jump ropes. A recess favorite. 
5.  Packed lunches. My mom was the bomb at making PB&J's!
6.  Cool backpacks. A kid in my fourth grade class had an N*Sync backpack. Amazing.
7.  After-School TV. 3 pm was Primetime back in the day. Favorite show: Arthur. 
8.  Picture books. How awesome was it to open a book and see more shapes and colors than words?!
9.  Frozen Go-Gurts. Do they even make Go-Gurt anymore!?
10. Seeing the world through the lens of possibilityImagination is so under-rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment