Friday, November 30, 2012

Favorite Things Friday: The Best of Thanksgiving Break


I feel a typical list of favorite Thanksgiving things would include photos of extravagant dinner tables, relatives snoozing in front of the football game, and smiling yet freezing friends standing in line at the mall at 3 am.

But not this list! This "Favorite Things Friday" is dedicated to some of the best and most random moments that occurred on my Thanksgiving Break back in Ohio.

1. SANTAAAA! I know him! Just kidding, that's my sister. I have always told her to quit using my phone to take beauty shots of herself that I up deleting later anyway, so I'm finally getting a little payback. However, Marissa and I had a blast the night before Thanksgiving watching funny YouTube videos of Glozell and Bad Lip Reading for 2 hours straight.

2. Bethany. My favorite evening I spent with this little buddy consisted of playing One Direction trivia before baking cookies and ballroom dancing to Christmas music in the kitchen. The kid is talented in all three areas.

3. Dewey's Pizza. It is tradition in the Burkhardt household to dine at Dewey's in Dayton on the night of my homecoming. "Going hard" is an understatement when it comes to us five consuming Dewey's, as we (nearly) devoured 1 large cheese pizza, 1 small buffalo chicken pizza, and 1 small veggie pizza. We had to practice for Thanksgiving dinner somehow!

4. Tree Decorating Boot Camp. On the day after Thanksgiving every year, the Christmas tree rises from the depths of the basement, and every year we smile and reminisce as we pull out ornaments from years past. THIS year, however, my sisters needed a little help in proper ornament hanging technique. I will not disclose the number of ornaments hung backwards, or ugly ornaments placed front and center, or fights over whose "special ornaments" would be placed where. It was hilarious.

5. Target shopping. And Justin Bieber of course. I visited Target three times over break; once actually on Black Friday.....at noon. :)

6. Post-Turkey Just Dance. Forget the food coma following copious amounts of stuffing and pie, the Burkhardt Babes got down playing our favorite Wii game of all time, under the usernames of Moonhead, Coconut Man, and Pea. Just Dance is something all three of us agree on despite our age differences, and I always look forward to laughing and dancing with the two of them to our favorite songs.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment