Friday, November 16, 2012

Favorite Things Friday


1. Super Nintendo. Mario, Donkey Kong, Frogger, oh my! I'm obsessed with the video game system living in our room that is even older than I am. Last weekend I spent a good amount of time on the couch with controller in hand trying my best to dodge bad guys and snag 1-up mushrooms.

2. Gingerbread Lattes. I didn't even know I liked gingerbread until last week! A perfect blend of spice and sweet, Starbuck's has created the creme de la creme of Christmas coffee perfection.

3. Bre. I had the opportunity to spend three days with this girl while the other six roommates were out of town last weekend. We had a blast watching movies, eating Ivanhoe's, and, of course playing Nintendo. Bre is a fun-loving, dependable friend and I super enjoy sharing living space with her!

4. Jesus. Recently He has been showing up in amazing ways. God has been teaching me what it means to be in a friendship with Him, as opposed to a boss-employee frame of mind I'm guilty of falling into. The invitation to be friends with the King of the Universe is what separates Christ-followers from those involved in any other faith. Other religions are just that: religion. But Christianity is a life-changing relationship. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

5. Jump5. My favorite group at age 11 had a major comeback last night. Joelle and I had an impromptu early-2000's-Christian-teen-group jam session while all the other roommates were out. And I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed or totally jazzed that I still know the words to every song.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment