Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Break...

...starts tomorrow!
Obviously I need it. 

Here are some tips to make this Thanksgiving Break the best yet!

1. Be thankful! Seems cliche, but God deserves our praise and thanksgiving. Not just because Thanksgiving is approaching, but because He is so good. Use this time to get into the habit of cultivating a thankful spirit all year round.

2. Pay special attention to tradition. Every Thanksgiving night I sit around with my family and watch a movie while scanning newspaper ads and eating popcorn. Being at college makes me appreciate tradition more than ever before, and I savor each moment.

3. Try something new on the table. I hated sweet potatoes at one time. Then, one fateful Thanksgiving, my life changed forever.

4. Don't be guilt-tripped into participating in Black Friday. Wake up at 3 a.m. to breathe the same air as thousands of crazed, turkey filled individuals in Wal-Mart when I'm too broke to buy anything anyway? No thanks. I think I'll sleep in and then bake cookies.

5. Rest! Wednesday through Sunday is yours to spend relaxing with people you love. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment