Thursday, April 4, 2013

Confessions of a Twenty-Something In-Between

I think I need to get my watch checked. Same with the mirrors. Something sketchy is happening, but I just can't seem to figure out what. See, I could have sworn that yesterday I was sixteen, living with little thought to what tomorrow would bring, let alone the next several years. But when my alarm went off at 6:50 this morning, I was 21, about to finish my junior year of college, and thinking ahead to being an adult. Curious, huh? 

As weird as it is being stuck between a kid and an adult, I am excited about what the future brings despite being faced with the giant question mark that will accompany my diploma at graduation. However, I feel a part of my heart will never pass the ripe age of ten. So what does this "second awkward stage" look like if you will?

Well, I must confess...

1. I'm really interested in branding and using social media to promote brand identity and stimulate brand loyalty.

2. Somewhere deep inside, I still want to be a ballerina when I grow up.

3. I'm going to publish a book someday. 

4. My first paycheck of my first job after college will go towards buying myself a puppy or a kitten.

5. Drinking a glass of apple juice on an airplane is a non-negotiable.

6. I actually enjoyed writing certain sections of my last research paper.

7. Last movie I saw in theaters: The Croods. 

8. I'm super pumped to be doing an internship this summer in an unfamiliar city.

9. However, I will desperately miss my trampoline while I'm away.

10. I'm saving every dollar I can in hopes of moving to the West Coast after I graduate. Besides the 20$ I just dropped for a concert ticket...oops.

In the end, I guess there's a little "kidult" in all of us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment