Friday, April 12, 2013

Carpe Diem Project Update

Well, its been about three months since I set off on the adventure of attempting to abstain from mindless media consumption in pursuit of more seizing of the days. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post.) And it started out great, it really did. I was able to get more accomplished in the way of school work, fall asleep faster at night, and think more creatively in my own endeavors. However, lack of accountability and boredom eventually got the best of me, and I slowly began slipping back into old habits. In my defense, I still only watch Netflix when I'm on the treadmill, and only check Instagram once a day. Facebook and Twitter invade my consciousness more than they should, but I'm working on it.

My junior year ends in less than two weeks. After the last exam has been crushed and my junk moved out, I have three and a half weeks to rest and relax...AND work on personal projects I've been DYING to start. Therefore, I'm recommitting to the Carpe life after finals end for FOUR weeks (a more manageable chunk of time if you ask me). Until then, I'm going to need a little mindlessness after busy days of studying, paper writing and project presenting.

Almost....There.

This will be me after finals! (K-Burk Photography featuring the baby sis).

No comments:

Post a Comment