Monday, February 25, 2013

A Manifesto

My Advanced Writing textbook freshman year smacked me on the wrist one time, telling me to never, under any circumstances, begin a piece with the cliched "dictionary definition." But, in my current cheeky state of rebellion against winter (first day of flip flops: yesterday), I'm defying that rude little textbook by offering an thesaurus entry instead.

According to the Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus, a

manifesto is a.....noun mission statementplatform(little) red bookprogram,declarationproclamationpronouncementannouncement.
So, here is a little declaration, a proclamation, a pronouncement, an announcement of things (both insignificant and of utmost importance) upon which I tend to take a particular stance.

I believe in believing.
I believe life is a collection of leaps of faith, both big and small.
I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who has adopted me as His daughter.
I believe in the power of prayer.
I believe that knowledge begins when we accept we cannot know everything.
I believe in purpose.
I believe life is a time is a gift that shouldn't be wasted.
I believe in tradition.
I believe time travel was invented the same day as the pen.
I believe in not sweating the small stuff.
I believe in dreaming.
I believe travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
I believe a letter trumps an email.
I believe in surprises.
I believe in being young at heart.
I believe the best days begin with a great breakfast.
I believe the best way to spend time is with loved ones or at the beach. Or both.
I believe Asian babies are the cutest.
I believe cacti are underrepresented plants.
I believe in the healing power of cupcakes.
I believe global warming is a sham.
I believe the best way to light a room is with Christmas lights.
I believe in the unexpected.
I believe in life.









 








No comments:

Post a Comment