Friday, January 11, 2013

My "Resume"

With cover letters, resumes and applications for summer internships making my head spin, I officially feel like I'm growing up. Weird. And pretty scary.  I've become a pro at tailoring my resume to show my experience, but I always wish I could add some...err....skills and accomplishments that I am most proud of besides those related to PR. So, in order to get this desire out of my system, I have compiled my resume of awesome yet totally worthless information.


Katelyn Burkhardt
shingingintheuniverse.blogspot.com

Professional Summary

Seeking to become a PR princess of an organization in which I can use my education, previous experience and leadership skills to royally manage all communication activities and have a lot of fun doing it. 

Relevant Experience
(With photos to prove it)

Freelance Chalk Artist                                                                                                             Forever
  • Once covered my entire driveway in sidewalk chalk
  • Artwork lasted for several days before rain washed it away
  • Everyone in the neighborhood was jealous
Starbucks Addict                                                                                                   January 2012-Present
  • Once consumed Starbucks 4 times in 3 days
  • Mastered the art of the complicated order
  • Used skills to order a Pumpkin Spice Latte AFTER said drink was discontinued
  • Kind of maybe almost a Gold member

Cupcake Extraordinaire                                                                                   September 2012-Present
  • Have baked dozens upon dozens of cupcakes
  • Mastered the use of an icing bag
  • Accomplishments in include cinnamon roll cupcakes, cookies and cream cupcakes and Andes mint cupcakes among others
  • Have never burned a cupcake
Mug Collector                                                                                                    December 2012-Present
  • Exhibits excellent taste in coffee mugs
  • Has a vibrant collection of rare and beautiful mugs
  • Realizes coffee in a cute mug is necessary to start the day right
Accomplishments and Awards

High Score on Just Dance 4                                                                                               January 2013
  • Beat my little sister's record for most points on "Beauty and a Beat"
  • Appointed myself as Best Dancer in the House
  • Justin Bieber's next back-up dancer


Who says growing up has to be so serious? :)

1 comment: