Friday, January 18, 2013

Deeper Waters

Ever since I turned 21, I've been feeling God's pull on my soul. Almost like once I reached this milestone, He looked at me and said, "Ok, Kate. Its time to dive a little deeper in your friendship with Me." 

So, after pacing the beach and sticking my toes in the tide to test the water, I've finally got my wetsuit on, holding my Father's hand for the plunge. 

Some things He has been teaching me:

1. I need Him. It is absolutely impossible for me to change my bad habits and hangups. I need His transforming power to flood my heart in order to make me more like Him. I can't do it by myself!

2. He wants all of me. To be unified with God, I must surrender all that I am to Him. EVERYTHING. My dreams. My desires. My life. I am not my own. How liberating it is to rest in the fact that God is in control.

3. I can always count on Him. He cares about even the smallest details of my life! He is so holy, but loves me enough to answer when I call. 

4. The road will be difficult, but worth it. I'm prepared for the world to hate me and what I believe. But that is ok with me, because I have His hand to hold, and He has overcome the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment