Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh the Possibilities: My Goals for Junior Year



I adore fresh starts. Clear-cut opportunities in life to start over and begin anew excite me. So when it comes time for the beginning of a new school year, I jump at the chance to list areas where I would like to grow and things I want to do. Oh the possibilities!

So, without further ado, welcome to my list of goals for my junior year of college!           

1. Begin and end my days with God.
I need that time with my best friend: the Creator of the Universe! Fellowship with the King should always trump every other item on my to-do list. I may be tempted to skip out on Him at times, but I know that my relationship with Him is the most important one in my life.

2. Go to God first always.
I have a bad habit of either… a.) automatically starting to worry about problems when they arise OR b.) talking to someone else about my problems. I want to make prayer my first response to anything and everything.

3.  Keep my focus on the eternal.
In other words, not letting the small stuff in life get to me. This world is temporary; a truth that is easy to forget!

4. Be more flexible.
When plans that I THOUGUT were set in stone change, stress follows. I want to learn to “go with the flow” as my mama says.

5. Explore and go on adventures.
Even though Indiana Wesleyan is located in a small town, there is so much to be discovered! I’m keen on trying new things and finding cool places no one knew existed.

6. Build deeper relationships.
I want to get to know more people on a deeper level and figure out their dreams, hopes, fears, and passions.

7. Find joy in the little things.
Blessings are everywhere, from that perfect cup of coffee to a smile from a stranger!

8. Write a letter a week.
Who doesn’t love to get letters!? Contact me with your name and mailing address and I’ll put you on my list!

9. Live in the joy and peace of God’s love and salvation.
Nuff said.

10. Take life one step at a time.
I sometimes find myself getting overwhelmed thinking about EVERYTHING I have to do in a day. Instead, I want to focus on one thing at a time by simply taking the next right step.

11. Allow myself time for creativity.
Creativity is one of my gifts, and I need to be using and developing it. Plus creative projects are fun and energizing! Bring on the scrapbook paper and modge podge.

12. Pray for people.
The power of prayer is so under recognized. I want to be asking God to bless the people I love every day.

13. Try every drink on the menu at McConn.
Why? Why not.

14. Make memories.
It’s going to be a great year. I hope to carpe every diem and have some fun along the way. Oh, the possibilities. 




No comments:

Post a Comment