Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Make-shift Pad Thai

Being a regular Asian food craver with very American fridge and cabinet contents, I sometimes find myself in a pinch. In my mind, I have three options behind three doors. Door #1 (the front door): I can go get takeout. Door #2 (the refrigerator door): I can make it myself using what I can find. Door #3 (the cabinet door): I can eat some fortune cookies. From the title of this post, I'm sure you can guess my decision.
You'll need...
1 package of chili flavored ramen
cilantro to taste
shredded carrots (I shredded mine with the veggie peeler)
crunchy peanut butter
chopsticks (absolutely essential)
Sriracha (optional)

Ready, go!
1. Follow the instructions for cooking the ramen on the back of the package
2. Drain most of the water before stirring in the seasoning
3. Dollop that peanut butter into the noodles and stir until melty
4. Add carrots
5. Add cilantro
6. Serve with chopsticks

เพลิดเพลิน!

1 comment: